Home » Posts tagged 'New Zealand'
Tag Archives: New Zealand
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s 2012 National Lakes Assessment: data now available online March 22, 2017
- Lake Annie’s Song: A TEDx Talk and Interview with GLEON’s Evelyn Gaiser February 9, 2017
- Samiullah Khan, New Co-Chair Elect for the GLEON Student Association January 30, 2017
- GLEON Embraces Citizen Science December 20, 2016
- Revisiting GLEON’s 18th All-Hands Meeting in Gaming, Austria September 12, 2016
By Samiullah Khan
I was recently offered and readily accepted the co-chair elect position of the Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network (GLEON) Graduate Student Association (GSA), joining chair, Blaize Denfeld (Umeå University, Sweden) and co-chair Jonathan Doubek (Virginia Tech, USA). As a new member of the team, I would like to introduce myself and mention in brief my past and present professional and academic involvements. (more…)
By Ludmila Brighenti and James Rusak (CCC chair)
It is with joy that the GLEON Collaborative Climate Committee (CCC) and Graduate Student Association (GSA) welcome Paula Zapperi and Thomas Harmon as new members of the CCC, and Liz Ryder as the new co-chair of the CCC. They were elected to be the member of the committee in February 2014, and we are excited to see the new enthusiasm and contributions they have to offer.
It was a sunny November afternoon at La Salada, a shallow lake, when we said our goodbyes to the GLEON 15 meeting participants. From the 4th of November to the 8th, 2014, the meeting was held mainly in the city of Bahía Blanca, Argentina.
It was an extremely fun, productive and successful meeting of the minds and of old and new friends. On Monday, the pre-meeting GSA Workshop started the week-long meeting, where researchers and postdocs joined 56 students from diverse countries such as China, Brazil, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada and USA, as well as Argentina.