Home » Fellowship Program
Category Archives: Fellowship Program
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s 2012 National Lakes Assessment: data now available online March 22, 2017
- Lake Annie’s Song: A TEDx Talk and Interview with GLEON’s Evelyn Gaiser February 9, 2017
- Samiullah Khan, New Co-Chair Elect for the GLEON Student Association January 30, 2017
- GLEON Embraces Citizen Science December 20, 2016
- Revisiting GLEON’s 18th All-Hands Meeting in Gaming, Austria September 12, 2016
By Kait Farrell
Going in to the GLEON17 meeting, I had no idea what to expect. Prior to my arrival in Korea, my only involvement with Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network (GLEON) had been through the fellowship program, and I wasn’t sure whether my experience led by Paul Hanson, Kathie Weathers, Hilary Dugan, and Grace Hong would be representative of the whole GLEON group. I needn’t have worried. Looking back on my first GLEON meeting, four words come to mind: welcomed, valued, engaged, and inspired. (more…)
By: Kait Farrell, Sarah Lynn Bartlett and Ian McCullough.
It was a dark and stormy night. Well not exactly stormy, but it had been dark since 5 pm and was exceptionally cold (mostly for those joining the group from warmer areas of the world); nothing but a typical January evening in central New Hampshire. It was the night following the fourth and final day of the Global Lake Ecological Observatory Network (GLEON) Fellowship Program workshop at Lake Sunapee, New Hampshire, a quaint lake side community largely dormant for the winter.